1. It is recommended that the Cabinet Member for Environment, Transport and Climate Emergency:
i. Consider the one representation as summarised in paragraph 15 received during statutory consultation relating to the proposal to introduce cycling and walking interventions.
ii. Instruct officers to write to the person who made a representation to inform them of the council’s decision.
iii. Instruct officers to make the necessary Traffic Management Order.
iv. Instruct officers to proceed with installation of the following proposals shown in Appendices A and B:
· Permitting cyclists to travel from Hatfields to Blackfriars Road along the whole of Meymott Street including the section east of Colombo Street.
· Widening of footways, including the removal of three parking spaces, to create a better environment for pedestrians.
· Introducing raised features on Colombo Street and Hatfields to further slow vehicular traffic and improve pedestrian accessibility.
· Removing redundant street clutter such as bollards and non-essential signage.
· Introducing additional cycle stands.
· Removing the island at the junction of Meymott Street and Hatfields allowing the proposed footway buildout.
· Reducing the number of residents’ bays from six to four.
· Increasing the number of Pay by Phone bays from three to five.
Decision type: Non-Key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: Borough & Bankside;
Notice of proposed decision first published: 18/06/2019
Decision due: Not before 24 Jun 2019 by Cabinet Member for Environment, Transport and the Climate Emergency
Lead member: Cabinet Member for Environment, Transport and the Climate Emergency
Department: Environment and Leisure Department
Contact: Dale Foden, Head of Highways Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 7525 2045.