To deliver regeneration which benefits our communities. To facilitate the sustainable regeneration of Southwark’s communities in partnership with local residents and businesses. To work closely with the Cabinet Member for Social Regeneration, Great Estates and New Council Homes to ensure that our regeneration delivers not just new homes for local people, but also improves access to quality local services for Southwark residents. Working with the Cabinet Member for Social Regeneration, Great Estates and New Homes to improve consultation and resident communication, and the council’s approach to planning.
To lead on our consultation and communication with the community around regeneration ensuring that their views shape every aspect of our work.
To lead on the delivery of strategic transport projects necessary for the delivery of regeneration in the borough such as the delivery of the Bakerloo Line.
The cabinet member will have particular responsibility for:
· regeneration in the borough - all aspects of development control and planning in Rotherhithe, Bermondsey, Borough & Bankside and Walworth, Camberwell, Peckham, Nunhead and Dulwich
· lead the Council’s work with Transport for London on major infrastructure projects including the Bakerloo Line extension and the Rotherhithe to Canary Wharf Bridge
· Walworth Town Hall
· new GP surgeries, libraries and community facilities
· community infrastructure levy and local decision making on allocation
· allocation of section 106
· development of the local development framework
· planning policy and the council’s approach to planning
· planning performance
· estate ballots
· strategic transport planning
· Bakerloo Line extension
· Old Kent Road area action plan
· consultation charter including regeneration consultations and resident communication
· London living wage zones.