The purpose of the audit, governance and standards committee is to provide:
1. Independent assurance of the adequacy of the council’s governance arrangements, including its standards regime, the risk management framework and the associated control environment.
2. Independent scrutiny of the authority’s financial and non-financial performance to the extent that it affects the authority’s exposure to risk and weakens the control environment.
3. Oversight of the financial reporting process.
4. Scrutiny of the treasury management strategy and policies.
5. A framework to promote and maintain high standards of conduct by councillors, co-opted members and church and parent governor representatives.
Support officer: Virginia Wynn-Jones. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
160 Tooley Street