To note the appointment by the leader of cabinet members, any deputy cabinet members, the establishment of any cabinet committees and the leader’s report on the delegation of executive functions.
1. That council assembly received a report from the leader on the following executive issues for the coming municipal year 2020-21 and:
· Noted the appointment by the leader of cabinet members
· Noted the appointment of any deputy cabinet members
· Noted the establishment and appointment of any cabinet committees
· Noted the leader’s report on the delegation of executive functions to the full cabinet, cabinet committees, individual cabinet members, multi-ward forums, chief officers and any other delegations.
Appointment of the cabinet
2. That the leader reported to council assembly on the appointment of members of the cabinet and determination of their executive functions.
Cllr Kieron Williams - Leader of the Council
Cllr Jasmine Ali - Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Children, Young People & Schools
Cllr Evelyn Akoto - Cabinet Member for Public Health & Community Safety
Cllr Stephanie Cryan - Cabinet Member for Jobs, Culture & Skills
Cllr Helen Dennis - Cabinet Member for Social Support & Homelessness
Cllr Rebecca Lury - Cabinet Member for Finance & Resources
Cllr Alice Macdonald - Cabinet Member for Communities & Equalities
Cllr Leo Pollak - Cabinet Member for Housing
Cllr Catherine Rose - Cabinet Member for Leisure, Environment & Roads
Cllr Johnson Situ - Cabinet Member for Climate Emergency, Planning & Transport
Appointment of deputy cabinet members
3. That the leader reported to council assembly on the appointment of deputy cabinet members and determination of their duties and responsibilities.
Cllr Radha Burgess - Deputy Cabinet Member for Low Traffic Southwark
Establishment andappointment of cabinet committees
4. That the leader reported on the establishment of the following cabinet committees:
· Cabinet (Livesey Trust) Committee,
· Better Placed Joint Committee
· Joint IT Committee (Brent, Lewisham and Southwark).
5. That the leader delegated executive functions for Neighbourhoods Fund, Cleaner Greener Safer (CGS) and Devolved Highways programmes to multi-ward forums. This will be limited to one round of multi-ward forum meetings per municipal year except in exceptional circumstances, whereby a decision can be taken at an additional meeting.
Delegation of executive functions
6. That the leader reported on the delegation of executive functions between full cabinet, individual decision makers, multi-ward forums, chief officers and any other delegations.
7. That council assembly noted the leader’s report on any changes to the delegation of executive functions to the full cabinet, cabinet committees, individual cabinet members, chief officers andany other delegations.
8. That council assembly noted that as a consequence of recommendation 6, the proper constitutional officer will update Part 3 of the constitution in accordance with the leader’s report on the delegation of executive functions.