Planning application number: 19/AP/1710
Full planning permission is sought for the demolition of existing buildings on
the site and the comprehensive mixed-use redevelopment of the site comprising of two buildings of 10-storeys plus mezzanine (up to 38.900m AOD) and 19-storeys plus mezzanine (up to 71.500m AOD), comprising 262 residential units (Use Class C3 use), 2,258sqm GEA of flexible retail and commercial floorspace (Class A1/A2/A3/A4/B1 uses) at ground and mezzanine level, new public park, private and communal amenity space, associated car and cycle parking, access and servicing arrangements, plant and other associated works.
This application represents a departure from strategic policy 10 'Jobs and Businesses' of the Core Strategy (2011) and Saved Policy 1.2 'Strategic and Local Preferred Industrial Locations' of the Southwark Plan (2007) by virtue of proposing to introduce residential and retail accommodation in a preferred industrial location.
The committee heard the officer’s introduction to the report and addendum report.
Members of the committee asked questions of the officers.
There were no objectors present wishing to speak.
The applicant addressed the committee, and answered questions from the committee.
There were no supporters of the application who lived within 100 metres of the development site wishing to speak.
Councillor Richard Livingstone addressed the meeting in his capacity as a ward councillor and answered questions put by the committee.
The committee put further questions to the officers and discussed the application. The meeting heard that there was an error in the addendum report: the correct figure for children’s play provision is 1,117sqm.
A motion to grant the application was moved, seconded, put to the vote and declared carried.
1. That the planning committee grant planning permission, subject to:
· The recommended planning conditions;
· The applicant entering into an appropriate legal agreement by no later than 1 October 2020
· Referral to the Mayor of London.
2. That, in the event that the Section 106 Legal Agreement is not completed by 1 October 2020, the director of planning be authorised to refuse planning permission, if appropriate, for the reasons set out in paragraph 425 of the report.