1. That the 2017-18 outturn for the council’s treasury management be noted and that the following be noted:
· all treasury management activity was undertaken in compliance with the approved treasury management strategy and with the council’s prudential indicators, as Appendix A.
· the balance remaining on all external loans at 31 March 2018 was £563m (£371m HRA and £192m general fund). Loans totaling £5m were repaid during the year. £110m of new temporary borrowing was undertaken during the period.
· in the year to 31 March 2018 the average investment balance was £127m and the balance of investments at 31 March 2018 stood at £126m.
2. That the council’s draft Capital Strategy, at Appendix B of the report, be noted.