Council assembly to consider constitutional issues referred from the constitutional steering panel.
(See pages 48 - 52 of the main agenda)
This report was considered after the guillotine had fallen, therefore in accordance with council assembly procedure rule 1.12 (3) & (4), the report was afforded up to a maximum of 15 minutes.
In accordance with council assembly procedure rule 2.11 (2), the report was formally moved by the Mayor.
Following debate (Councillor Adele Morris), the recommendations contained within the report were put to the vote and declared to be carried.
PART 3F - PLANNING COMMITTEE AND PLANNING SUB-COMMITTEES
1. That the following constitutional change be agreed:
Part 3F - Matters Reserved for Decision by a Planning Sub-Committee
· Delete category (c) from the list of categories of major applications in paragraph 10 that may be referred to the planning sub-committee.
· Insert a new paragraph 14 as follows:
‘To consider applications requested by two councillors to be determined by elected members, subject to the request being agreed by the chair of the planning committee in consultation with the appropriate chief officer.’
PART 3H – COMMUNITY COUNCILS
2. That it be noted that the leader of the council has varied the executive scheme of delegation in respect of disabled parking bays and delegate part of the function to the strategic director of environment and leisure.
3. That as a result of the above changes officers are authorised to undertake any necessary consequential changes to the constitution.