Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To note the forecast revenue outturn position for 2017-18, including treasury management
1. That the general fund outturn position for 2018-19 (Table 1 of the report) be noted.
2. That the key adverse variations and budget pressures underlying the outturn position be noted:
· The Dedicated Schools Grant (DSG) outturn position of a £11.515m deficit and the significant pressures on the high needs budgets (paragraphs 30-31 of the report)
· the budget pressures on temporary accommodation (paragraphs 36-37 of the report) and No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) (paragraph 39 of the report).
3. That the utilisation of £4m contingency (paragraph 54 of the report) to offset adverse variances on temporary accommodation and NRPF be noted.
4. That the housing revenue account outturn for 2018-19 (Table 2, paragraphs 55-63 of the report) be noted.
5. That the increase in unallocated general fund balance (paragraphs 64-66 of the report) be noted.
6. That the earmarking of the one-off financial benefits arising from the London Devolution deal (paragraphs 71-73 of the report) be noted.
7. That the detailed movements of earmarked reserves as set out in Appendices B, C and D of the report be noted.
8. That the treasury management activity in 2018-19 (paragraph 83-91 of the report) be noted.
9. That the interdepartmental budget movements that exceed £250,000, as shown in Appendix A of the report be approved.
10. That the interdepartmental general fund budget movements that are less than £250,000 as shown in Appendix A of the report be noted.
11. That the outturn position implications for the 2019-20 budgets and beyond set out in paragraphs 80-82 of the report) be noted.
Report author: Duncan Whitfield
Publication date: 19/06/2019
Date of decision: 18/06/2019
Decided at meeting: 18/06/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 27/06/2019