Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To agree the updated Fairer Future Procurement Strategy
Decisions by the Cabinet
1. That the updated Fairer Future Procurement Framework (FFPF) including the draft Southwark Construction Charter be approved.
2. That the next steps for enhancing the council’s commitment and approach to social value in procurement as outlined in paragraphs 16 – 18 of the report be noted.
3. That it be noted that there will be consequential amendments to the constitution including the contract standing orders, following the approval of the FFPF to reflect updates required as highlighted in the report.
4. That a report back on the implementation and impact of the FFPF be received by cabinet in December 2020 (and to include as far as possible information relating to service quality improvements as a result of improved employment conditions and impact on ability of small businesses to win contracts).
Decision of the Leader of the Council
5. That the responsibility for any minor and consequential amendments and updates to the Fairer Future Procurement Framework be delegated to the cabinet member for finance, performance and Brexit in consultation with the director of law and democracy.
Report author: Duncan Whitfield
Publication date: 19/06/2019
Date of decision: 18/06/2019
Decided at meeting: 18/06/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 27/06/2019