Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve appropriation of land for planning purposes and disposal of land to adjacent owner to facilitate a residential – led development, including re-provision of Hollington club
1. That the land shown edged in black on the OS plan at Appendix 1 of the report that is currently held for housing purposes be confirmed as no longer required for those purposes and that the appropriation of the land to planning purposes following the grant of planning permission to facilitate the carrying out of the development proposals in accordance with section 226 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and sections 122(1) and 122 (2A) of the Local Government Act 1972 be approved.
2. That the sale of the land amounting to approximately 200 sq. m shown edged in black on the OS plan at Appendix 1 of the report to the adjoining owner of 56-60 Comber Grove SE5 be approved and that the capital receipt that will be generated by it be noted.
3. That following completion of appropriation of the land described at paragraph 1 of the report, the land shown edged in black at Appendix 1 of the report be sold freehold to facilitate the carrying out of development proposals for the area in accordance with section 233 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
4. That the director of regeneration be authorised to negotiate and agree terms for a successful sale of the land shown edged in black on the OS plan at Appendix 1 of the report with the adjoining land owner of 56-60 Comber Grove SE5 and its development partner.
5. That the formal, extensive consultation that has been undertaken by the adjoining land owner of 56-60 Comber Grove SE5 and its development partner with key stakeholders, including residents and in consultation with ward members throughout the design development be noted and that the resident engagement carried out by the council to comply with its statutory requirements under section 105 of the Housing Act 1985 also be noted.
Report author: Kevin Fenton
Publication date: 13/03/2019
Date of decision: 12/03/2019
Decided at meeting: 12/03/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 21/03/2019