Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Comments received by the tenants and residents association at Acorn Estate were tabled at the meeting which identified a number of concerns relating to the recommendations before cabinet.
1. That agreement be given to dispose with the Peckham Settlement, a site situated at Goldsmith Road/Marmont Road part owned by the council and part owned by the Peckham Settlement for a consideration (to the council) detailed in the closed report. The Peckham Settlement’s site (outlined in the plan attached to the report) is situated at 44-50 Goldsmith Road London SE15 and is currently used by them. The adjoining land at Goldsmith Road/Marmont Road outlined in blue on the plan attached to the report (“the council’s adjoining land”) is owned by the council. Both sites are referred to in the report as “the existing sites”.
2. That a 125 year building lease be granted to the Peckham Settlement of the former Acorn Neighbourhood Housing Office situated at Meeting House Lane London SE15 (referred to as “the property”) (outlined in red on the plan attached to the report) restricted to a D1 community use. The grant of the lease to be subject to exchange of contracts for the disposal of the existing sites.
3. That the freehold interest of the property be transferred on completion of the building works to the Peckham Settlement, subject to a restrictive covenant limiting the use to a D1 community centre.
4. That the disposal of the property be subject to the Peckham Settlement obtaining a satisfactory planning consent for a new D1 community facility.
5. That the head of property be authorised to approve the detailed terms on which the council’s adjoining land is sold.
6. That the capital receipt from the sale of the property be allocated to the council’s housing investment programme.
Publication date: 26/01/2011
Date of decision: 25/01/2011
Decided at meeting: 25/01/2011 - Cabinet
Effective from: 04/02/2011