Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To submit the council's PFI outline business case for the provision of 360 council homes for social rent and further 583 for sale and intermediate uses to the HCA for approval. Also, to approve officers initiating the PFI procurement process, the compulsory purchase of leaseholder interests on the sites affect by this project subject to HCA approval of the PFI outline business case in 2011.
Decisions of the Cabinet
1. That the government decision to withdraw funding from the Aylesbury Private Finance Initiative (PFI) Housing Project, along with all other housing PFI pipeline projects be noted.
2. That the commitment to regenerating the Aylesbury Estate and to delivering the Aylesbury Area Action Plan be reaffirmed.
3. That officers complete the Outline Business Case (OBC) for the PFI project and submit this to the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) as a position statement, to be considered in the event of further resources becoming available.
4. That officers review possible alternative funding sources to help progress the regeneration of the Aylesbury Estate, together with associated timescales, and report back to cabinet in February/March 2011.
5. That council officers proceed with rehousing tenants in the remainder of Chartridge (Nos 106 – 149) in due course and in line with the indicative housing plan set out in paragraphs 30 to 35 of the report.
Decision of the Leader of the Council
6. That the responsibility for agreeing the detail of the OBC be delegated to the cabinet member for regeneration and corporate strategy.
Report author: Eleanor Kelly
Publication date: 15/12/2010
Date of decision: 14/12/2010
Decided at meeting: 14/12/2010 - Cabinet
Effective from: 24/12/2010