Housing Revenue Account - Indicative Rent-Setting and Budget Report 2011/12
- Find out more about this issue
- Share this item
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To agree the budget, rents, service charges and other charges
1. That a provisional average rent increase of 7.08% in accordance with the Government’s required formula rent guidance (as set out in paragraphs 14 – 19 of the report) be noted. This is equivalent to an increase of £5.71 per week on average, to be applied to all housing revenue account (HRA) dwellings (including estate voids and hostels), with effect from 4 April 2011. The average budgeted dwelling rent for 2011/12 will be £86.31 per week.
2. That the provisional changes in tenant service charges as set out in paragraphs 28 – 32 of the report with effect from 4 April 2011 be noted.
3. That the provisional increase in rents and charges for all non-residential property of 50% as set out in paragraphs 33 – 35 of the report with effect from 4 April 2011 be noted.
4. That the provisional standstill in heating and hot water charges such that each charge remains at the rate determined for 2009/10 and 2010/11 (as set out in paragraphs 36 – 38 of the report) with effect from 4 April 2011 be noted.
5. That officers provide a final report on rent-setting and the housing revenue account (HRA) budget for 2011/12 after due consultation processes have been followed for consideration at the cabinet meeting on 25 January 2011.
6. That officers write to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, highlighting the size of the provisional rent increase in comparison with those of recent years, where Government has intervened to place a national ceiling on average rent rises, and to ask that a similar ceiling be considered for 2011/12.
Report author: Duncan Whitfield
Publication date: 15/12/2010
Date of decision: 14/12/2010
Decided at meeting: 14/12/2010 - Cabinet
Effective from: 24/12/2010